Tuesday, June 30, 2009

a little bit of this, a little bit of that and a little bit of g's 1st haircut

What has Griffin been up to? A little bit of this and a little bit of that.
It sure can be a challenge keeping a toddler entertained when the heat is above 100 degrees and your outside activity is limited, but we manage to do it in between Kindermusik and Preschool days... Griffin is so easily entertained- typically if it has a wheel on it, he is happy... we have also ventured in to coloring, puzzles, reading books (of course) and swimming at the neighborhood pool- these would be our first visits to the pool in almost FIVE years! And of course, any chance we have, we try to play with friends! Griffin is a busy, chatty little 20 month old and continues to be so much fun! This past month he has really become observant, especially when it comes to stars, crosses, shapes and letters- most especially 'O' and 'G'. He is quick to point them out and can find them as the tiniest little detail in places- it is amazing how his little eyes pick up these things- he wants to take people around and show them all of the stars and crosses all over the house- again and again! He has also started 'blessing' people- ever since he was an infant, each night that I laid him down to sleep, I would 'bless' Griffin with a cross on his forehead, saying "God Bless you Griffin". One night he reached up to me a couple weeks ago and tried to draw the cross on my forehead. Ever since that, he has loved being able to 'bless' others... That he is... such a blessing! Sweet little boy! Enjoy the latest 'little bits' of Griffin...


Griffin in his new 'panda bear chair'



I love how he wanted to stand up proudly and 'pose' in front of it!



We met Melissa for lunch one day- Melissa was in Mommy's first kindergarten class- she will be a freshman this year- future babysitter????



Big shoes to fill--- at least they don't have heels on them, right?



Dinner with Thatcher


***********************************************************


Griffin's FIRST haircut ~ June 25, 2009


'BEFORE'



Griffin chose to sit in the taxi for his haircut rather than the firetruck



I don't think he ever knew his hair was getting cut



Taking some off the back



A little more off of the back...



The back looks better already! Now just a 'little bit' off the sides...



And our finished product... doesn't he look just thrilled?






Papa celebrated his 60th birthday... Aunt Diane got him this sweet book to read over and over to Griffin- since they both love reading books together SOOOO much!
Mommy and Griffin before Papa's birthday dinner
Griffin and Uncle Chris


Griffin with Nana and Papa

4 comments:

Angie said...

YEA Griffin! I'm so proud of him getting his haircut like a big boy. Sam needs his first cut. I think I'll show him pics of big boy Griffin. And you look GREAT!

B said...

Your little man is the cutest!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow night! YAY for girls night!

Donnell Days said...

I love him "posing" by his new chair...too cute! Also, him blessing people is just precious!! I can't wait to see his new haircut in person. I totally agree...you look GREAT in that picture with the two of you!!!

Cassidy said...

The pic of him in his panda chair is so cute, I love little boys in crocs, so precious.

You look great in the picture of the 2 of you!