Tuesday, September 23, 2008

eleven months... oh boy, oh joy!!

Eleven months- those of you reading this may be saying "No way" like me... I know I say this all of the time, but where does the time go??? Our sweet baby boy is growing up too fast. This past month has blessed us with so many milestones... Griffin's first two teeth, Griffin pulling up to a standing position (and learning how to sit back down from it too), Griffin is walking around holding on to things (sometimes with just one hand)! This month Griffin learned how to push the button on his little rainforest soother (one of his FAVORITE things- thanks Belle) and he plays it over and over (and over and over) again when he goes down in his crib- sometimes for over an hour. I peek in on him to find him either sitting up staring at it or leaning against one of the sides of his crib, just watching it intently. When it stops, he stands up, pushes the button again and gets comfy once again. Last night, I put him down close to 8:00 for bed (he was yawning and all) and at 9:15 we still heard the faithful rainforest songs and birds chirping repeatedly from his room. As redundant as it may be, I know that before too long I will wish this time back, so I just smile- and sometimes turn the baby monitor down a notch :-) Another one of Griffin's favorite things that he has really grown to love more and more this month are his books... Of course, me being a teacher, just loves this passion... but I even get SO excited about watching Griffin hold his books the correct way- and even more exciting... he turns the pages from left to right- I know, fluke- you may call it, but he does!!! He will sit in my lap and listen to the same story 5 times (or more sometimes) and he turns the pages- one at a time- as I read! I hope that our little man always has this much love for reading! Griffin also loves to knock on anything and everything from his crib to the floors to the wall to the bath tub- he loves the sound that his knuckles make when he knocks them on something. When he does this, sometimes we say "Knock Knock. Who's there? Orange. Orange Who? Orange you glad I am your baby Dad/Mom?" Cheesy, I know :-)
Griffin continues to be such a sweet, happy little boy and he is so much fun to be around. We could not ask for anything more. The other night I was just sitting in the big rocker in Griffin's room just rocking and singing to him... I came out and told Carter that it won't be much longer that he will let me do that- which will probably just break my heart. There are not many times that he likes to sit still in my lap anymore- reading and rocking are about it! So I take full advantage.
This month Griffin's traditional chair pictures were a little more challenging, he gets really excited over his sign more than anything :-) Enjoy our baby boy!

Finally tuckered out last night at 9:25 (can you see the rainforest soother still going?)
Eleven Months Old- Growing and Changing so Much!!
I just can not leave this here Mom and Dad!
Daddy was playing "tickle monster" trying to distract




Griffin was feeding Daddy chips last night, it was too sweet :-)
Yum!

Here is another shot of Griffin in "mid-crawl" as he fell asleep listening to his trusty rainforest soother...
On Saturday, we went over to Holly and Thad's new house and visited for a little while. We are SO excited to have our dear friends just 20 minutes away!!! They have a doggie much bigger than our Nolan, Griffin thought Hunter was more like a horse- he did not know what to think of her. He tried to get close, but was very cautious about it... Look at that face...
Morning fun with my favorite block set
Cracking UP!
Look at that sweet face!


All smiles :-)
Reading Water, Water Everywhere
Look at that left to right page turning- promise not even staged!!! I am such a proud mommy!!!
Last week we met a new friend, well, we met some new friendS- Carin, London and Lilla. They just moved here from Wichita, Kansas and will be here for the next couple of years. They are family of Lyn and Larry, family of Carter's. We went to Rainforest Cafe' at Grapevine Mills (which Griffin LOVED)! We look forward to our next get together again soon! Griffin had so much fun playing with the twins- next time they can move around a little more and play together!
Griffin with Larry, Lilla and London- aren't they just precious?!!?





Video of the week: Griffin walking around holding on to the couch

4 comments:

Kara Wilson said...

Oh, griffin is growing and doing so much!!! Don't you just love every minute??? He is so adorable! Tanner loves books so much, too! It must be because they have teachers for mommys!!

Meggan and Trent said...

Happy 11 months to Griffin!

Donnell Days said...

WOW...I can't believe he is 11 months either. The time just flies! He is just as cute as ever...love the big smiles! :)

Fuxa Family said...

Leslie
I love being able to watch him grow up even if it is via the internet. He is sooo cute. That little smile is priceless. I cannot believe this year has gone that fast.
Thank you for all of the updates