Dr. Mendez came over to the hospital and got my contractions going a little after 11:00 AM. I could not get my epidural until I was dialted to a 4. I began shaking really bad at one point, and they gave me Stadol after the extra oxygen didn't help. That is a whole other story in itself. I don’t remember much, as it completely knocked me out- I did not feel any contractions (or anything for that matter) for a couple of hours. When the Stadol finally wore off, I was at a 5, so I was able to get the epidural. It wasn’t too much longer that I progressed to a 10. Dr. Mendez came back in after 5:00 PM and I pushed for a little over an hour before Griffin was born at 6:12 PM with a little bit of help from the “vacuum” suction. God is good, as he was absolutely perfect! We were shocked to see that he was a lot smaller than everyone was predicting, but Mommy and Daddy were just fine with that! Everyone was so excited to hear the news that Griffin had come into the world happy and healthy.
griffin wood helwig
monday, october 22, 2007
6:12 p.m.
6 pounds, 5 ounces
20 inches


Finally getting to meet Griffin for the first time was surreal to me... For months I anxiously had watched my belly grow, felt those butterfly movements as he moved around- scratching, kicking and hicupping. We imagined what our sweet Griffin would look like based on what we had seen through the sonograms- hoping that he would not look like any of those silly photo booth 'moryphs' we did back when we were dating :-) Now, to be holding this precious miracle from God in my arms for the first time- this was the greatest gift of all!!!
Daddy's Boy ~ Love at first sight!
Sent to us from heaven above,
Our Sweet Baby Boy- we will give our endless love-
Tiny fingers, tiny toes,
Kissable lips and a button nose-
Griffin, we are so blessed that you are our son,
You have filled our hearts with joy in more ways than one!
We love you Griffin...
Happy First Birthday!
Love, Mommy and Daddy
***I had hoped to attach a video from right when he was born, but it won't upload- if I can get it running, I will add it to this post later***







1 comment:
What a sweet post! I love it!
Post a Comment