Lots to catch up on... In a nutshell, Carter was out of town January 28th and came back February 2nd. Griffin and I had a great time together and kept ourselves busy, busy, busy... Here are some highlights of our Mommy-Son week together...
The rest of the week consisted of a great dinner date with Erica and Kori, some of Mommy's best friends coming over for pizza and Mamma Mia Friday night, then church and a low key Taco Bueno dinner Saturday night and then Superbowl fun on Sunday....
Griffin had so much fun with Gannon and Blayne at The Polen's Annual Superbowl party. He LOVED this chair!! I am seeing one in his future...
On Monday, we went to a fun birthday party for Clare, one of Griffin's friends from church. The theme was ladybugs... and everything was decorated SO cute! Griffin had so much fun with his buddies- and he loved sitting on the floor to eat with no restraints :-)
Griffin with Brooklyn- and YES, a MOUTHFUL of cheese! I mean, he already has the cutest chubby cheeks, but look at what 6 cubes of cheese does to them?!
Happy 2nd Birthday to Clare (she was so cute singing 'Happy Birthday' to herself)!
Not so much a fan of the cupcake... Guess that is good that he doesn't have Mommy's sweet tooth (yet)!
Mommy and Griffin
And of course, he loves helping open presents now that his birthday and Christmas are over...
Daddy came home on Tuesday and we met him for lunch after Mommy's dentist appointment on Wednesday, it set us off of Griffin's nap schedule a tad, but no worries, he slept on the car ride home from the stadium and went down when down for his nap as soon as we got home... He looks SO big sleeping in his seat now...
AND THEN... THE SICK FUNK SET IN....
Thursday, I noticed Griffin sounded a little more congested than the norm... so come Friday when the congestion turned into a cough, I took him to the doctor- sweet Daddy met us there... well, it turns out, Griffin had the same funk that is going around and everyone else is getting... Friday he was very lethargic, fussy and just wanted to be held all day. Even in the car as much as he loves watching the cars drive by saying "Vroom Vroom" he looked at me with his puffy sad eyes when we got out and said 'ooom ooom' so sad. He fell asleep on Carter that evening- you could feel his little chest vibrating as he breathed. He would cough and just look at you and start to whine... It was so so sad.... That night around 12:30 he woke up coughing and crying and was burning up. I laid him in bed with me and he was just burning up so I gave him Tylenol and took his temperature almost an hour later- come to find out his little hands and body were on fire because almost an hour after the Tylenol he had a 102.7 temperature!! Low and behold, we spent the weekend mainly inside getting our little buddy back to feeling better.

Mommy's Birthday...
My little helper loved helping me open presents (or should I say helperS if you see the other one in the background)....
Thank you! Griffin also gave Mommy a sweet photo album with pictures of us in it that he put together with Daddy. It is so sweet! I love flipping through it and have probably five times since last night.
Carter also made my favorite cake... yellow cake with chocolate frosting (straight from the box)... That has always been my favorite and is my request every year- I don't go for any other kind... Sure were a LOT of candles on it this year though!
AND THEN... THE SICK FUNK SET IN....
Mommy's Birthday...
Thank you for making my birthday so special C and g! I love you both!
VIDEO OF THE WEEK: Griffin + Nolan = Pals
Some days we wonder why we still have this dog... Good thing he gets along with Griffin at least...







4 comments:
Glad you had a great birthday Les! Glad little Griffin is starting to feel better too...it is just so hard when they are sick. I love, love, love the picture of him with the cheese cubes in his mouth. Too funny!
What a bad friend I am!!! I missed your birthday. I am SO sorry Les. I am glad that you had a good one though. I have been missing you and thinking of you lots. I think we are finally getting settled in the house so I would love for you and G to come over and play. We will have to set up a day or night soon! I mean, we are like two seconds away and all :) Love you!!
Happy belated b-day!!! It looks like the boys took good care of you :) So glad!! Hope all is well
Looks like you had a nice birthday! Hope everyone in your house is feeling better!
Post a Comment