Eight Months! Can you believe it!?! I am 2/3 of the way through my first year of life- as my Mommy grabs a tissue-- This eighth month has been full of new and exciting things for me... I love to flip over now in my crib from my back to my tummy, but not just my tummy, up on my hands and knees. Most of the time it is a dead giveaway when I wake up because I just squeal and babble and blow raspberries in my crib constantly- I love to play, play, play... Sometimes I even babble things like "yaa, yaa, yaaa", "baaabaabaa" and "daaaadaaaadaaa". Daddy thinks I am saying "dada" but it is more of a strand of daaaaaa's right now. Mommy is convinced I will say it soon. I definitely recognize who 'Mama' and 'Dada' are. If someone says either word to me, I smile and look right at my Mommy or Daddy. My crib is one of my favorite places to play. I guess it is something about being alone in there, I can squeal and talk as loud as I want to, and most of the time, it doesn't matter to my parents... I also have been very helpful with getting dressed these days. I have been lifting my head up for quite some time, but now I also like to help out with my arms when getting them pulled through the sleeves of whatever I am wearing. This past week I tried out something else new-- since I am sitting up so good, Mommy decided it was due time that she take me shopping and use the front of the shopping cart- not without my cover though. I always have to shop with Mommy in style, and free of germs too- of course... It was always a challenge to shop with Mommy at the grocery store before, but watch out now- I am pulling the blocks out of my bucket of shaped blocks. We are still trying to master putting things back (such as the rings on the stacker and now the blocks too). Mommy has also been trying to teach me how to Patty Cake. I love it when she does it for me, but I am not quite sure how to do it on my own yet. I love when Mommy sings to me and tells me "You did it" and "Yea". Those things make me smile so big! I have also really started reaching for Nolan and love to yank (yes, yank) on his hair. When he gives me kisses, I smile so big and Mommy runs for the wipes- I don't understand why just yet, maybe you do and can explain it to me later. Let's see, I have not cut any teeth yet, but certainly think it will happen soon by the excess drool I give off daily, as well as the forceful bite and clench that I give anything that comes close to my mouth (gums). I think this about sums up the last month. I am so much fun, says my parents. They brag on me a lot, I know, but I feel pretty loved and special because of it. I hope to see you soon! Enjoy the pictures and videos! Love, Baby G : )
Mommy walked in to naptime on Monday of last week and I said, "Hello Mommy" with my smile.
"Uh Oh, I am not in trouble am I?" I wonder why she just took that picture I was thinking...
My first experience shopping this way ~ I was just trying to figure this all out, it is a lot to process when you go from a carrier in a stroller, to just the stroller to no stroller at all! P.S. No, Mommy is not hitting that other car with our shopping cart...
Well, this is a new place I don't believe I have been to before... wait, is that arrow down there telling us which way we are supposed to be going, if so, I think we are headed the 'wrong' way Mommy...
Mommy introduced me to her "MONICA" aisle. That is right, she told me that she loves to organize and one day when I am big enough I can help her too. She loves to buy these plastic tub and bin things and then bring them home and do what she calls: organize.
Mommy seemed pretty excited about buying a plastic storage bin thing, so I was excited too!
Here I am, eight months old, happy as can be! Do I look bigger in my 'GiGi chair'?
Sometimes I get so excited, I just can't help it!
I also sometimes get very easily distracted. When Mommy and I have been rocking in my chair lately, I grab for this soft blankie that is always there, little did I know that it is called a "Baby G" blanket. So, since no one was holding me, I decided I would examine it further...
Mmmmm, tastes just like everything else I put in my mouth- good!
Oh wait, were we in the middle of something here?
Enjoy our active and fun little eight month old! Mommy and Daddy could re-play this all day and night long when Griffin is not awake, just to listen to the joy and sweet spirit in his little voice... The two clips featured in this blog are for Baby G's Grandparents, especially!!







4 comments:
He is so cute! I can't believe he is already 8 months! It just goes by too quickly! I love that sweet smile of his...it always makes me smile too. I think he just looks more and more like you each time I see him. I want to plan a day next week that we can get together and let the boys play. Love you!
Happy Eight Months Griffin!!! Where has the time gone?? I love your shopping cover...maybe the four of us can go shopping together sometime and people will ask if they are twins! Ha ha! :)
Happy 8 month B-day, Griffin! He is such a cute boy. I think Sam and Griffin would really hit it off. We should plan a play date soon. Miss ya!
Angie
Griffin looks so cute and cuddly! Ezra is excited to play with Griffin soon! :0)
Post a Comment