Monday, July 14, 2008

Dede's Visit, Dallas Aquarium, First Table Food & More!

Another week full of fun... Our very special, Dede, (Daddy's grandmother) came to visit us last Monday and stayed for the week. We felt so fortunate to have her all to ourselves for an entire week. Griffin had so much fun with Dede and loved making her smile all day long with his silly laughs and expressions. Some highlights from our visit included shopping, lunch, going to The Dallas Aquarium on Friday, Dede's famous pie, as well as some first's: Griffin started saying "Dada" last Sunday, had his first table food (a bite of watermelon) on Wednesday and green beans on Friday. He also has been drinking from a straw (the 8 month old way)! He loves water over any type of juice and prefers it either in a plastic bottle (like Mommy's Ozarka) or from a straw to any sippy cup out there! Griffin continues to amaze us with all that he learns and discovers each day! He has been scooting around- so we have to watch where we put him these days... he is a pro at crawling backwards and getting stuck-- it won't be much longer until he is mobile in all directions! Enjoy the MANY pictures from our week!


Yea! Dede is here!!! Griffin just loved playing with all of Dede's pretty necklaces







The Dallas Aquarium

Located off of Griffin Street, how perfect!

Griffin LOVED watching all of the different fish--

Fascinated by the spotted stingray

The most unusual fish-- dragon fish- they looked like twigs or seaweed, but were actually fish! Griffin loved watching them!

Watching the birds down below with Daddy

All sorts of brightly colored fish- maybe we know what kind of pet Griffin wants one day!

Following the pretty angelfish around the tank

The world's only fish with feet... these were so bizarre- but again, Griffin was just mesmerized!

All kinds of sharks in the shark tunnel! Oh boy!!!

Dede was so brave- she wanted to push Griffin's stoller around the aquarium- although, we probably did not even need to bring it in, since he was out being carried most of the time!!!

The sleepy jaguar- look at those pretty spots!


Griffin's FIRST REAL green beans!!!!

Do you think he liked them?????



EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

I learned this face from watching my Daddy eat veggies!!!

Followed by the very dramatic "GAG"

Still holding those green beans on your tongue- no wonder they taste so bad!?!?

Video from the Dramatic Green Bean Gagging


Last Night with Dede before church and dinner


Dede, Daddy and Griffin

Dede, Mommy and Griffin

Drinking Water from a straw at dinner--- I love it!!!

6 comments:

B said...

Hilarious! I love it!

Donnell Days said...

What a fun week with Dede! I love the Dallas Acquarium pictures...he looks like he had the best time there. :) The real green bean pics crack me up!!!

Angie said...

So much fun! I hope to see you soon. I say this in every comment but really do mean it!

Anonymous said...

Hi there Leslie! I found your blog from Angie Nayfa. I used to work with her back in the college days. It is so good to see you and your beautiful family. I hope you are doing well.
Natalie Knabe (from CCE)

Anonymous said...

and by the way, I feel the same way about green beans.....ewwwwww :)

Cowtown Camera Girl said...

Ok, the green beans crack me up! It's such a mixture of "these things are so disgusting" and "my daddy makes me so happy" at the same time. Love how he keeps going back and forth between those two emotions! Ezra totally gags on green beans too. :0)