Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Latest with Baby G

What up with my peeps???


Yo! It's me, Griffin! I know you have not heard from me in a little while... my daddy went out of town, and my mommy and I decided to head back to The Woodlands with my Papa. We had so much fun together- I learned some new things while I was there too...
Look at me! I learned how to sit up all by myself with no help at all anymore!!

I like to eat, eat, eat, eat my piggies, I like to eat, eat, eat, eat my piggies!


YUM!

Mommy's very good friend from high school, Cheryl, came over to visit and meet me for the first time! She is such a sweet and beautiful friend of mommy's... and she was a natural with me! My mommy and Nana and Papa all had so much fun catching up with Cheryl. It was so sweet of her to drive all the way over just to see everyone!
Papa and I had enough of the girls yapping, so we headed outside for a short walk- it was so peaceful outside, that we decided to just chill on the driveway- Mommy, Nana and Cheryl looked out the window and found us just chatting and watching the birds fly by- then they came out and interrupted our peace and quiet!
Oh boy! Here they are again!
Nana taught me how to pull the rings off of my ring stacker while I was there... although, here I am doing it my lazy way- dumping over the stacker! : ) Thanks Nana for helping me learn something new!


I turned seven months old while I was at Nana and Papa's- since I am such a big boy sitting up all by myself, this called for a celebration in the swimming pool. Since I was not at home to sit in my traditional pose in my rocker, Papa's chair had to do for the time being :)


Can you guess where my daddy went out of town to?

"Next up, for the Chicago Cubs, your left handed closer... Griffin Wood Helwig!!!!!!"
(although, mommy says I am truly a Texas Rangers fan at heart)

Daddy came home just in time to be there for my seven month birthday
(and my first big swim too)!
Here are some of my pictures in the "hoppy" frog swimming pool. This seems to be the pool of the summer, as I have noticed some of my buddies have the same one!
Here are some of mommy's favorite pictures that she took of me enjoying the pool... I hope you like them too!

I am the happiest baby boy you know!!

Very much a favorite of Griffin listening to the windchimes...

Mommy and Nana watched me the whole time just to be sure I wasn't diving! : )




Drying off with my lion towel- or as Papa called it "a chicken"



Just talking to Nana about life in general as a seven month old...


Mommy took Daddy out to dinner for his birthday!

I had such a fun week! This about sums it up- I am exhausted! Here I am after my dinner tonight- ready to go to sleep in my high chair!







3 comments:

Donnell Days said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful time in The Woodlands!!! Such cute pics...I love the one of his big smile with his swimming hat on!!! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.

Hey Griffin...I have a froggy pool too...want to go swimming tomorrow? ~Hudson

Shara Smith said...

Love the new pictures...he has changed so much since the last pictures! Oh, he is just a doll. I am hoping to see you this week at play group. I will give you a call tomorrow. Glad you had a good visit. Love ya!

Fuxa Family said...

Those pics are great!!! I am sure you had sooo much fun at mom and dad's. It is great to watch our parents with our kids. It is actually one of my most favorite times with KK and Connor. The joy in my parents faces with their grandchildren is so awesome!
Talk to you soon!