Monday, August 18, 2008

life around here lately with our busy baby boy...

What a fun and busy week it has been for our baby boy... Many of you have asked if your chanting "Sleep Griffin, Sleep" and prayers have helped... well, yes they have! Outside of our busy weekend, Griffin has been trying to get his naps back in... read below for more :-) Griffin is getting around more and more these days, in fact, this past week, we had to introduce the forbidden word "NO" to our vocabulary- Griffin loves to test his limits already (oh boy). He goes directly to the items in the room that are a "NO" (the wall outlets, the TV stand, the picture frames, pulling up the rug- just to name his favorites). He looks back at Mommy or Daddy just as he reaches with a smile only to make sure it is still a "NO". In fact this morning, as I was getting his breakfast ready and watching him from in the kitchen, I think he went through the entire gammet of "NO's" to be sure I had not changed my mind over night... Griffin is moving around super fast, and officially started to crawl (on his hands and knees) on August 18th. He has been relying on his army crawl (aka scoot) or moving on his bottom or his infamous "Moonscoot" until now. We went to our dear friend, Hudson's first birthday party this past Saturday. I am still not believing that Hudson is one- time goes by too fast. So I guess this means that we are next in line to start planning the first birthday party, which is bittersweet- very exciting, but not ready for Griffin to be a big boy either (although Mommy and Daddy have been planning the theme for Griffin's birthday since he was 5 months old)! On Monday, we had our friends Avery & Aurora and Hudson & Dena over for our monthly playdate. The kids are all much more active than when we started three months ago. It is so much fun to watch them all play and interact with each other. This week will be a busy one at our house once again. Leslie has her Wednesday run tomorrow night, which I am officially up to 4 miles as of Saturday- that's right... never thought I could make it to two miles and here I am three weeks later up to four already!!! This Saturday I will be at five! Tomorrow night is a work night for Carter, as well as Friday, being the first home game. Football season is officially in full gear! Griffin will also be 10 months old on Friday- already!!!! It is crazy to think that my friends who are teachers are back in inservice this week. As much as I have missed not setting up my classroom and anticipating the first week of school and meeting my 'team', I would not trade my current job as "Mommy" for anything in the world. Griffin continues to bring me so much joy each day. He makes life so complete!


Griffin doing his best moon'scoot' impersonation

Moonscooting in action


Peek-a-boo, Mommy found you!

Crawling everywhere

Hudson's first birthday party (the cake)
Hudson's smash cake
Hudson was not sure about the candle
But he was sure about that cake- yummy!
Griffin wanted to help open presents- he had his eye on the one we got Hudson from the time we put it in the shopping cart until we put it in the car... I now know one thing to add to his birthday list!
Cute shot of the boys from behind...
Hudson and Griffin discussing Hudson's new toy
They even got to test it out!


No More Nolan! This is hilarious! Nolan and Griffin are becoming quite the buds lately... although, if you know Nolan, he can drive anyone nuts after awhile... even poor Griffin is already catching on! Here he wants to play with Griffin so badly and Griffin continues to bat him away... This is "No More Nolan"

Hudson (1 year), Griffin (9 months), Avery (7 months)
Three Amigos
Cutie Pies


Hudson and Avery- Do you think Avery knew he was at her feet?
Playing with toys
Hey man, let's go get that toy over there...

Yea Mom?


Griffin loved having his friends over




After his friends left yesterday, Griffin decided he would take over a THREE HOUR nap- that's right, he is still catching up on his sleep from the week before... After he woke up (after 6:00), I put him down to play before I got his dinner ready and he CRAWLED!!! Watch this short clip to see our little boy move! Yea!!


Finally, I had to post these last two pictures... I still have one sleepsack that Griffin wore the day after he was born. In fact, he had some pictures taken in it at the hospital. Well, it still fits him (kind of)... It is more like a sleep "shirt" these days... See below.



Griffin (1 day old)
Griffin (9 months old)

See, it still fits?!


2 comments:

Donnell Days said...

It has been great being able to see you all so often this past week! Griffin is growing like a weed and is just too cute!!! Hudson loves the bulldozer! :)

Angie said...

Griffin is so cute! He is really growing... your life will never be the same now that he's on the move. Sam has started fit throwing this week. I think we are headed for "2". But I feel pretty blessed that he waited this long to start throwing fits. It was nice to see you briefly yesterday :)