Friday, August 29, 2008

breaking news...


Well friends, after 10 months of 'all gums', Griffin has decided to finally let his first two teeth break through. Since he was around 4 months old we figured it would be 'any day' due to his heavy drooling and gnawing on everything he could get in his mouth... Six months later... here we are! It started Sunday evening (August 24th) as Griffin was getting ready for bed, Daddy caught a glimpse of two pearly little plateaus at the top of his bottom gum- sure enough, I rubbed my finger over the top- and just as everyone had told me, it felt just like slivers of broken glass. Mommy grabbed the camera fast for a picture! All week long we have been watching those pearly little plateaus rise more and more each day... Take a look :-)

Monday evening (August 25th) trying to get a closer look for the camera
Can you see anything?
This morning (August 29th) when I was feeding Griffin his breakfast he was 'biting' down and holding onto his spoon with his top gum and bottom two teeth, so I tried to get a picture of his teeth... looks like my little camera ham was not wanting to 'ham it up' at 8 in the morning...

"Aw, come on momma, do I have to?"

"Seriously, I am not going to show you my teeth right now."

"You might as well put your camera away."

Once I put him down to play again, he was happily babbling away so I thought I would try again... I am going to miss this sweet little gummy smile so much...


Sooner or later Momma's going to get you to show those teeth off!!!

Can you see them coming up here??? Look carefully!!!!

3 comments:

Donnell Days said...

Yea Griffin!! I love the pics of him looking up at the camera...he really does look like he is not showing them off on purpose!

Cassidy said...

What an exciting post! Congrats on your first teeth Griffin!

Angie said...

2 teeth and counting... I'm sure they will just start popping up all the time. He is such a cute and happy baby.