These last few days have been a little out of sync for Griffin, not sure why... the age, cutting teeth (doubt it), new discovery of sitting up from his laying down position, or just because... Griffin has not been going right down for his naps or bed time. When I go to put him down at the normal times, he lays down so sweetly, smiles at me through his paci and grabs his Eli and Snoop and then as soon as I leave, he quickly rolls over on his tummy and sits up and proceeds to play- be it babbling, tracing his finger around on his crib, throwing Eli or Snoop around, whatever he chooses to do... sometimes for an hour and a half or more!!!! He is not sleeping (aka RIGHT NOW as I type)!!! At night time he does this same song and dance, but if you go in and he sees you, he simply grabs a hold of the rails as if he is in jail and screams with tears to get out. When he cries out "Mama or Maaaaa" it tears my heart enough to go in and get him- has he caught on to this already? Probably so... So, needless to say, everyone around here- including Nolan, has been a little sleepy lately. And if we are sleepy, we know that Griffin is sleepy. So everyone say it now... "Sleep, Griffin, Sleep!" Ten times out loud, maybe with all of the chanting and some prayers, it will eventually happen for us again!
Griffin is always such a "clean" eater- that is, unless, it comes to him eating his favorite food--- blueberries- of course the ONE food, that stains the MOST, he loves to just smear everywhere... As hard as it is for me to watch him get so messy, it brings me joy watching how much he LOVES to enjoy his blueberries, so I let him go at it!
Now when he is all done, I let Griffin drink the remaining blueberry juice- he's already created a mess, right?
Finally, the video for the week... Griffin has been getting so tickled over new things lately... Yesterday, he was ROLLING on the bed along side Nolan just laughing so hard! They were both batting at each other- Griffin with his hands and Nolan with his front two paws- I would have loved to have a video of it, but was afraid if I moved away to get the camera, the whole moment would end. Here is the same laugh this morning as I was feeding him oatmeal. I have NO idea what was so funny, but Griffin had ME tickled too!







2 comments:
Oh no...I bet there are some teeth coming. That always seems to mess up sleep!! I hope he gets back to normal soon so you can get some rest!!!
Cooper wasn't a good sleeper from the beginning. He didn't sleep through the night until he was 7 months old. I can remember so many nights that all of us would be awake and our dog Daisy would be snoring so loud…really loud! Justin and I would laugh and say at least someone is getting a little sleep!! I have no advice for you other than "This too shall pass" Hang in there!!
Post a Comment