Wiggling toes
"Hi Momma"
Training for the 2028 Olympics
Ready to get out yet?
Last week Griffin also began to self feed. I think it is the cutest thing watching him pick things up off of his high chair and get them into his mouth, sometimes precisely and sometimes Nolan is in for more than a treat! Griffin loves feeding himself strawberry-apple puffs and sweet corn puffs for now.
On Saturday we went to a Surprise BBQ for one of our friends who turned 30- bummer that my battery died after this picture or I would have had more... this is Griffin's 'Auntie' Holly Jo- she is one of my dear friends from college--- Auntie Holly Jo is convinced Griffin's third word(s) will be Auntie Holly Jo- she is so fun with all of her 'nephews'. Griffin had puffs stuck all over his hands and face in this picture, kind of hard to tell since he looked down right as I took it- then the battery died!
First Team Run-- Saturday, August 2nd :-)
The first team run was a success! Here I am at 6:45, bright and early before we ran- looking quite the beauty with no make up (or tan, I know)! We ran 2 miles over by Lake Grapevine as a team and then headed to breakfast at La Madeline's for breakfast with the team and our honored heroes.
This is Ethan. Ethan is 10 years old, going into the 4th grade this year. He was diagnosed with leukemia at just 3 years old. He has been cancer - free for the past 4 years!!! His mom is training with us this fall! Ethan is going to be at each run to cheer us on and squirt us with cool water- yea Ethan!!!
These are two of my teammates, Kristabelle and Doug. Kristabelle battled leukemia just 3 years ago and is currently in remission and training for her first marathon. She has a four year old precious baby boy and sweet husband cheering her on as she trains. Doug has been battling leukemia on and off since 2001. He is a father of three beautiful girls, his youngest is a miracle child. His cancer has come back several times over the course of seven years, and because of this, he could not participate in a triathlon event he had trained so hard for, and he still went on to complete half of another triathlon two years later. He currently is undergoing chemotherapy as he trains with us- his wife is training with him for her first marathon which is so cool! Doug is in need of a bone marrow match. Doctors tell him that this could be his last hope for survival. He has a very rare form of bone marrow because of his protein levels, so finding a match is going to be a second miracle. Doug is such an inspiration to me already. He can run and run and run and there is no stopping him. I pray and pray that he stays healthy enough to complete his training and cross the finish line with his wife by his side and also pray that there is someone out there who is a perfect bone marrow match for him.
Lastly, this is Terry. Terry is currently battling leukemia as well. He is hoping that he is months away from being in remission. Terry drove all the way to Grapevine from Denton to be a part of our breakfast Saturday morning.
As hard as it seemed to get up at 5:30 Saturday morning and leave everything behind for Daddy and Griffin, as I slipped away to run 2 miles (yes, this is the first morning I have not woken up and seen Griffin right away)... I can not imagine the difficulty that each of these individuals faces every day, as well as their families. They all are my heroes already, and they truly inspire me- I am anxious to run in their honor in November. If you would like to learn more about TNT or make a donation to this cause, please visit my website (you can follow the link to the left of the posts on this page). Thank you to those of you who have already supported me through your prayers and donations!!!!
(Read below for original post from today)







2 comments:
I love all of the bios of your Honored Heroes ~ please keep us posted. I will be praying for all of them. I'm so proud of you Les!! GO TEAM!
I am so proud of you Leslie!!! I will be cheering you on along the way throughout all your training!
Also, Griffin's Olympic picture cracks me up! :0)
Post a Comment